Apply for Funding
AS OF 2014, ALL APPLICANTS FOR FUNDING MUST BE AAME MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING.
The guiding principle behind AAME funding is that AAME is not primarily a granting agency. AAME is a charitable organization, which may from time to time expend monies on relevant projects for limited purposes. AAME receives the bulk of its funding through casino funding and is therefore restricted on what projects it can support.
Our Association members can access funds by applying to our Funding Director at .
Updated May 2009
- A Committee of at least three persons, which includes the treasurer and a representative from the Casino Committee, will make recommendations to the Board of Directors about funding decisions. In making its decisions, the Committee must take into consideration the factors listed below.
- The guiding principle is that AAME is not primarily a granting agency. AAME is a charitable organization, which may from time to time expend monies on relevant projects for limited purposes.
- The project to be funded must be one which fits within AAME’s mission and objectives.
- If the funds are to be derived from the “Casino account”, they must meet the objects set out in the Casino application. For example, AAME cannot use casino funds to support attendance at conferences outside of Alberta.
- Except in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Board of Directors, the maximum grant for projects not classified as ongoing are as follows: $1,000 for special projects; $200 for individuals; and $400 for groups attending conferences or other educational events geared towards anti-racism and multicultural issues. A maximum of two individuals or groups will be funded for any single conference or event.
- Recipients of conference or educational funding as indicated above in (d) must be AAME members in good standing.
- The Board of Directors must approve funding decisions made by the Committee.
- Current initiatives (which must meet above-noted guidelines) include:
- School and community project support; advising schools and groups about the availability of this support
- Public libraries support and International Collection Consortium support (Resources Project)
- Support of video rights acquisition by Alberta Education (Resources Project)
- Supporting other collections (e.g. Learning Centre) (Resources Project)
- Procedure: In order to be considered at a board meeting, funding applications must be received by the funding committee on or before one of the following dates: January 1, May 1, or October 1 of each year.
Sales Support AAME
The Multifaith Calendar is the leading source of complete and accurate dates, times, and descriptions for 370 events (including over 180 religious and cultural occasions).